Don’t Wait till Storm Season is Here
South East Queensland is known for its fantastic tropical weather, however, the fast approaching storm season, which typically lasts from November to February could spell disaster for you if you fail to take the necessary precautions around your property and end up in forced Tree Removal procedures.
With this upcoming storm season currently being predicted by BOM meteorologists to be more severe and prolonged than usual, it would be astute to make sure your property is well prepared. These storms bring with them heavy rain, forceful winds, hail and lightning strikes that move through very rapidly with immense power. Now we don’t want to alarm you, but rather give you some helpful tips to reduce any hazards and ensure your trees are safe, that they won’t require any tree removal and that they don’t pose a safety risk to you or your family.
Care for Your Trees before the Storm Season Hits
Trees are a such a valuable part of our environment and add beauty and much-needed shade and shelter to your property. All trees require ongoing maintenance to remain healthy, and safe during extreme weather conditions we experience herein South East Queensland, and if these requirements aren’t met, very often people will need to shell out more money on tree removal services, so be prepared!
Strong winds can uproot older trees causing major property damage. Branches hit by heavy rain and hail can snap and break rooves and windows potentially causing serious injury. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent your trees from becoming frightening hazards requiring tree removal services.
Observe your Trees
Take a walk around your property and observe your trees looking for:
- Large amount of deadwood (dead branches)?
- Any branches overhanging rooftops or carports your property that may need to be pruned or removed?
- Signs that the tree may be unstable in any way?
- Are there any large cracks in the trunk or major branches?
- Is there any fungal mushrooms growing on the body?
- Take note of how your tree reacts to a mild wind as if the top branches appear to be blowing heavily, there is a likelihood of them breaking in strong winds.
- Is the soil around your tree unstable, washed away, loose or gravelly? This can increase the risk of trees falling in high winds and heavy rain.
- Do you have any trees close to Power Lines? These trees must remain trimmed well back from the power lines.
- Are there any trees overhanging loose moveable property i.e. cars, outdoor furniture, child’s play equipment, or trampolines?
Decide What Needs To Be Done
If you notice any of the above that could be a cause for concern then you should get an experienced and qualified Arborist to inspect your trees and advise you if any action should be taken to safeguard your property. Here at Treesylin we off a free inspection of your trees with professional advice on how to ensure your trees are made safe, as well as expert tree removal services if you need them.
Be Prepared by always using a Qualified Arborist
Do not wait to maintain your trees or attempt to remove a tree yourself. The key to your trees being storm ready is maintenance. Make sure your trees are regularly pruned by a fully qualified Arborist, and if reaquired, get a qualified arborist to perform tree removal services.
If you have any questions or concerns about your trees before the upcoming storm season, Treestylin have the experience and know how to quickly ascertain what needs to happen to ensure your trees are safe for the upcoming storm season and provide you the best possible advice for your trees to ensure the safety of your family and property. If you have expreienced some extensive damage to your trees, please call uf for a tree removal quote. Call Treestylin on 0455 042 216 we are here to help! If the worst does happen, our Emergency Services team is available 24/7 365 days of the year. We are fully insured with the latest equipment and expertise to ensure the job is done quickly and safely! We will also deal directly with your insurance company if required.
Call on Treestylin the Professional Arborists 0433 310 545